Back Up Call on a Holiday
You still receive Holiday Pay if you are not called!
If assigned to back up call and you are not called, you are still entitled to holiday pay on any of the 10 House Officer holidays listed below.
The HOA realizes there is no mechanism in MedHub for reporting this circumstance. Please send a separate email to your program coordinator if a process for reporting hasn't already been established and copy Robin Tarter in the HOA Office. She will follow up to make sure you receive the additional pay.
The listed holidays remain unchanged in the new contract. They are:
1. New Years Day (January 1st)
2. Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
3. Independence Day (July 4th)
4. Labor Day (First Monday in September)
5. Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
6. Day after Thanksgiving (Fourth Friday in November)
7. Christmas Eve (December 24th)
8. Christmas Day (December 25th)
9. New Year’s Eve (December 31st)
10. House Officer’s Birthday
Rates by Level:
HO1 = $152.75
HO2 = $161.15
HO3 = $169.13
HO4 = $178.00
HO5 = $187.09
HO6 = $196.59
HO7 = $206.31
HO8 = $216.27
A holiday is defined in the Agreement as beginning at 12:00 a.m. and is a 24-hour period. Working any part of a holiday qualifies you for holiday pay, as well as being confined to the area, not being able to enjoy your favorite adult beverage.