Back Up Call and Jeopardy on a Holiday
You still receive Holiday Pay if you are not called!
If assigned to back up call or jeopardy and you are not called, you are still entitled to holiday pay on any of the 10 House Officer holidays listed below. Please make sure you understand how your program assigns back up call and jeopardy on a holiday.
The HOA realizes there is no mechanism in MedHub for reporting this circumstance. Please send a separate email to your program coordinator if a process for reporting hasn't already been established by your program. If there is an issue or any question or you haven't received your pay, notify Robin and she will work to resolve the issue.
Your contractual holidays:
1. New Year's Day (January 1st)
2. Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
3. Independence Day (July 4th)
4. Labor Day (First Monday in September)
5. Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
6. Day after Thanksgiving (Fourth Friday in November)
7. Christmas Eve (December 24th)
8. Christmas Day (December 25th)
9. New Year’s Eve (December 31st)
10. House Officer’s Birthday
Rates by Level:
HO I $157
HO II $165
HO III $173
HO IV $182
HO V $192
HO VI $202
HO VII $212
HO VIII $222
A holiday is defined in the Agreement as beginning at 12:00 a.m. and is a 24-hour period. Working any part of a holiday qualifies you for holiday pay, as well as being confined to the area, not being able to enjoy your favorite adult beverage.