When a current House Officer is changing from one residency program to another, after consultation with the GME Office, the Program Director, or equivalent level of supervision, will discuss the appropriate salary level with the House Officer prior to assignment to a salary level. In order to receive credit for prior GME training, the House Officer must successfully complete an accredited program in its entirety (accreditation must be through the same governing organization as the University program). Partial credit for participation in a program will not be provided and those years will not count toward the assignment of a salary level. However, if the Board of the specialty entering will provide credit for previous training to the new specialty, then the credit may be provided. This assignment will be confirmed in writing.