How does house officer disability insurance work?
Details about the disability insurance plan for house officers.
The current disability insurance plan is managed by Flynn Benefits. Their contact information and details about the plan can be found at flynnbenefits.com.
Flynn Benefits Group is now part of NFP, a leading benefits consultant, wealth manager, property and casualty broker and retirement plan advisor.
They are the same team delivering the same high-level service, only now powered by a global company that enables client success through expertise, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers and financial institutions.
Schedule a meeting with Mike Flynn by phone or in person.
Alternate dates and times available upon request.
Flynn Benefits has provided the following video to help explain the program.
Is the plan changing?
Periodically insurance agents from around the country obtain the email addresses of physicians and target them with deceptive advertising. This has been a common occurrence at U of M for house officers.
- Flynn Benefits Group is the only broker associated with the HOA contract to administer the disability plan offered to House Officers.
- If you do apply with an outside company and the application is declined or postponed, you will not be able to take advantage of the HOA individual options.
- Unisex rates are still available for all residents and fellows through the HOA Guaranteed Standard Issue offer with The Standard.
- The House Officer disability plan is not changing.
- If something ever changes with the plan, you will be informed by Mike Flynn or the HOA directly.