Mission of the House Officers Association
The Mission of the University of Michigan House Officers Association is to represent and advocate for its member physicians in obtaining the following:
1. A professional workplace where neither patient care nor the well-being of the resident physicians are compromised through unsafe work conditions, hours, or environments; andâ€‹
2. Fair compensation for the resident physicians, recognizing their collective and extensive education, the level of responsibility, and hours of providing care to their patients; and
3. Respect and support for the ongoing continuing medical educational needs of the resident physicians; and
4. Justice and due process in all interactions between resident physicians and the clinical departments, hospitals, attending physicians, or any others who seek to have an influence on our members; and
5. Knowledge, skills and information that may be useful to our members either now as resident physicians or later as attendings, especially regarding our contract provisions and benefits, financial matters and planning, or any other personal or professional issues viewed as helpful to our member physicians, and
6. Fellowship among its members.