H - 1B Visa Status and Moonlighting

Can a House Officer moonlight when working in the United States on an H - 1B visa

The H - 1B visa is both employer (U of M) and job (House Officer) specific.  Your sub-specialty is well documented in the paperwork filed with the United States Department of Labor.  Robin signs your Acknowledgement before you are hired.  

You can’t get paid from another employer unless they filed a concurrent H - 1B petition on your behalf.  If they are willing to do so, there should be no issue with you moonlighting, providing you or the employer submit that paperwork to GME as verification.  

Contact the GME office for visa issues 734.615.2643.