How do I change the amount taken from my paycheck for retirement?

Detailed steps on how to change your retirement election.

To change your retirement election, you can use the self-service options in Wolverine Acces. If you have any issues, please get in touch with the benefits office at  (734) 615-2000.

Important: Each pay period has a deadline by which a change must be made in order to be reflected in that check. You can find them here: Enrollment and Change Deadlines by Pay Period

Please follow the instructions below (validated DEC 2023):

Follow these steps closely.  Don't miss the final 3 steps.

Make your 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA) and/or 457(b) enrollments or changes on Self Service > Benefits through Wolverine Access.  

  1. Go to Wolverine Access.
  2. Enter “Benefits” in the search bar.
  3. Select the Benefits Self-Service tile.
  4. Enter your uniqname and UMICH (Level-1) password; two-factor (Duo) for Weblogin is required.
  5. Select the Initiate Ret Savings Elections tile.
  6. Review the information on the Ret. Savings Plan Elections page, then click the Continue button.
  7. Select the TIAA SRA or Fidelity SRA card (if you want to open an SRA with both investment companies, repeat this step for the vendor you did not choose the first time).
  8. Click the Select button next to the plan name (TIAA or Fidelity).
  9. Enter your per-paycheck contribution; click the Select button next to 'Waive.'
  10. Click the Done button in the upper righthand corner to save your selections.
  11. Select the 457(b) and/or Roth 457(b) card.
  12. Enter your per-paycheck contribution amount and how much of this amount you wish to allocate to TIAA and/or Fidelity; click the Select button next to 'Waive.'
  13. Click the Done button in the upper righthand corner to save your selections.
  14. Click the Finalize Elections button.
  15. Click the Submit and View Stmt buttons. Immediately download your confirmation statement.