Your Disability Insurance Questions Answered
Flynn Benefits will be in the HOA lounge with free food on September 25 and October 16.
The HOA's Long-term Group Disability representative, Mike Flynn, will be available on Friday, September 25, from 11 am to 1 pm, with free Jimmie John's, to answer your questions regarding both group coverage through the HOA contract and portable medical-specialty individual policy options either while in training or upon graduation.
Mike will also be in the lounge on Friday, October 16, as part of HOA Financial Health month.
Periodically insurance agents from around the country obtain the email addresses of physicians and target them with deceptive advertising. This has been a common occurrence at U of M for house officers.
Things you need to know:
- Your plan is guaranteed issue.
- If you apply with an outside company, and the application is declined or postponed, you will not be able to take advantage of the HOA individual options.
- Flynn Benefits Group is the only broker associated with the HOA contract to administer the disability plan offered to House Officers.
- If something ever changes with the plan, you will be informed by Mike Flynn or the HOA directly.
- You can find more details about the plan at flynnbenefits.com.
If you prefer, Flynn Benefits is still offering video conferencing and no-contact options:
Flynn Benefits Group is doing our best to act responsibly in these unprecedented times and still support you at a distance.
To review your benefits during training and portable options we would like to encourage you to schedule a time to discuss any questions.
(Alternate dates and times available upon request).
The HOA guaranteed issue disability plan allows zero contact with electronic application and policy delivery.
The path to protecting your income is quick and easy -
- No Exam or Medical Records
- E-Policy Delivery