Your Disability Insurance Questions Answered
Flynn Benefits will be in the HOA lounge on February 21, with complimentary lunch.
The HOA's Long-term Group Disability representative, Mike Flynn, will be available on Friday, January 17, from 11 am to 1 pm (with Jimmy John's) to answer your questions regarding both group coverage through the HOA contract and portable medical-specialty individual policy options either while in training or upon graduation.
Periodically insurance agents from around the country obtain the email addresses of physicians and target them with deceptive advertising. This has been a common occurrence at U of M for house officers.
Things you need to know:
- Your plan is guaranteed issue.
- If you do apply with an outside company and the application is declined or postponed, you will not be able to take advantage of the HOA individual options.
- Flynn Benefits Group is the only broker associated with the HOA contract to administer the disability plan offered to House Officers.
- If something ever changes with the plan, you will be informed by Mike Flynn or the HOA directly.
- More details about the plan can be found at flynnbenefits.com.
Schedule a meeting with Mike Flynn by phone or in person.
Alternate dates and times available upon request.