Travel Reimbursement and Mileage

Be timely in requesting your reimbursement.

If a House Officer is assigned to a facility that is more than fifteen (15) miles round trip to and from the University, he/she shall receive reimbursement for the total mileage, at the University's standard rate (determined yearly by the IRS) at the time of assignment. The University Hospital shall be considered the point of origin. Reimbursement will be made by the House Officer's Department upon request of the House Officer.

Reimbursement shall not be required when transportation is provided or made available by the Employer.

When a House Officer’s Program Director approves a professional development experience and expenses approved for reimbursement are incurred, the House Officer and the designated delegates and approvers will abide by the timeliness requirements established for reimbursement. If a House Officer does not meet the timeliness standards, the Department may decline reimbursement, however, at no time will a House Officer fail to be reimbursed if the CONCUR delegate and/or approver fails to meet the deadline.

Typically, reimbursements are made within 30 days after the receipt of the submission. If you have not received your reimbursement, contact your delegate. If you get no response, please contact the HOA to provide you with assistance.